New Plugin: Social Media Feather

We’re proud to announce the release of a new plugin: WordPress Social Media Feather and its companion addons Extra Social Icons and Grey Fade.

The plugin is a super lightweight free social media WordPress plugin that allows you to quickly and painlessly add social sharing and following features to all your posts, pages and custom post types. You can purchase the accompanying addons to support development!

facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail
Posted In: News Tags: , ,

15 Comments

1. Posted January 31, 2013 at 11:52 pm | Permalink

Hi,

I downloaded this plugin but as soon as this plugin was active my site responded with a 502 bad gateway so somewhere there is an error in the .php
    Too bad, liked it… But whenever I deactivate the plugin my error 502 bad gateway is gone also.

Kind regards, Claudia

2. elia
    Posted February 1, 2013 at 9:02 pm | Permalink

Are you absolutely sure about this? It seems quite unlikely that the plugin could cause this.

Could you try activate the plugin again and see if you can re-produce? If so you can provide more details by using the specific contact form.

3. Posted February 11, 2013 at 7:06 am | Permalink

I like this plugin, but is there any way to change where the icons are displayed? THey are showing up at the bottom of the page and I’d like them to be at the top, under the title. Thanks very much.

• elia
      Posted February 15, 2013 at 11:03 am | Permalink

You have to use either widgets, shortcodes, or custom code if you wish to move the icons to specific places.

4. Posted February 11, 2013 at 9:00 pm | Permalink

I can’t get the YouTube icon to show up. Any ideas? Thanks!

• elia
      Posted February 15, 2013 at 11:05 am | Permalink

YouTube is only available as a “following” network while you are probably looking at the sharing icons.

5. Posted February 16, 2013 at 8:03 pm | Permalink

Is there a way to have the social media icons NOT show on one certain page? We have an application where visitors pay an application fee, then are transported to a Thank You page with the download link for the application. I would like the social media sharing to not be allowed on that one page only. Thanks!

• elia
      Posted February 17, 2013 at 2:17 pm | Permalink

Not yet but this will be possible in the next version, using custom fields. I intend to release it either this or next weekend.

6. David
    Posted February 20, 2013 at 11:28 pm | Permalink

Nice. Simple and clean setup of icons. Are you adding Pinterest to the icon group sometime soon?

7. elia
    Posted February 21, 2013 at 1:43 am | Permalink

Yes, Pinterest is planned for the next release. Thank you for the positive feedback…a 5 star rating on WordPress.org would also be highly appreciated :)

8. Sarah
    Posted February 24, 2013 at 9:26 pm | Permalink

First, Id like to say thank you for your awesome plug-in. Your work is very much appreciated :)

I was wondering if you were going to create an Instagram icon in the near future ?

9. Posted April 4, 2013 at 7:43 pm | Permalink

I like this plugin a lot and thank you for sharing it. I am wandering does this plugin able to show up the sharing icons on the home page vertically on the left side? I have been trying to figuring it out for a while.

• elia
      Posted April 5, 2013 at 3:36 am | Permalink

You can do that by using custom markup + css, positioning it based on your theme.

10. Posted April 7, 2013 at 3:54 pm | Permalink

Hi I have just downloaded this plugin and entered my social media details but the icons do not show up on my website. What am I doing wrong? Plugin is activated.

• elia
      Posted April 7, 2013 at 5:28 pm | Permalink

You have to either activate automatic appending or use the widgets or shortcodes to make the buttons appear.

By the way it’s best if you stick to the support forums on wordpress.org for the plugin, these comments are not the right place to report problems.